This church was built in 1882 in a residential district on Toll Road in Cellardyke, east of Anstruther. It faces west. The building consists of a galleried main cell with north and south transepts and a vestibule area to the west, a tower on the north east corner and a session house to the rear of the building. The west frontage resembles the north face of Pittenweem Parish Church (site number:1454), suggesting that they were designed by the same architect.
Of particular note is the small number of ministers who have served in the church; only three ministers church ( Revd. James Ray, Revd. James Lee, and Revd. James Matthews) served for the first ninety nine years of the church's existence. All three ministers are commemorated in stained glass windows in the church.
The church is built from red squared sandstone and has a Scottish slate roof.
The east elevation of the main cell faces away from the street and is partially obscured by ancillary buildings. It has two stained glass windows. The south elevation of the main cell has four windows, two of which have stained glass. The west elevation is gable ended, with kneelered gablets on either side of the three central windows with decorative skew ends. The gablets and the main gable are capped by small platforms with trefoils. Below the apex of the main gable is a date stone, recessed in a circular opening. The central three windows have latticed glass below which are two pairs of lights. Under the gablets on either side are pairs of trefoil headed lights and a single lancet, all with latticed glass. The north elevation of the main cell has four windows with latticed glass. The gable-ended transepts are towards the eastern end of the nave. Both are supported by buttresses and are capped by trefoil finials. On the exterior of the north transept is a circular opening containing a datestone. Below this are two lancets. The east and west elevations are without features.
The entrance to the church is an arched doorway in a west porch. The porch is gable ended, with a latticed window to the south and buttressed to the south; and there are trefoil finials on the east and west gables. The three-stage tower is on the north west corner of the church. It is capped by a crowstepped gable and Scottish saddleback slate roof which sits in a corbelled parapet. A doorway to the church is in the west elevation. A stringcourse separates the first stage of the tower from the second. Above this is a single latticed window. Above the third string is a louvred arch and a round opening which has been blocked with wood. The louvred arch is mirrored on the north, south and west elevations.
The interior is carpeted and pewed, with a gallery above the vestibule to the west and a raised area below the organ to the east. The organ is sited at the east end between two stained glass windows. In front of this are a communion table, a font and a pulpit. There is a screen hanging in the south east corner of the church which is used during services. The two stained glass windows which are now partly obscured by the organ are by Douglas Hamilton; they depict St. Andrew and St. Peter. On the western elevation the most easterly window depicts The Light of the World, and the other depicts The Lamb of God.
There is a modern L-shaped session house and ancillary facilities to the rear of the church